The 2nd Open Days of Slovenian Cancer Screening Programmes 2023 are co-organized by the Institute of Oncology Ljubljana, National Institute of Public Health, Ministry of Health, EU-TOPIA-EAST project, and WHO Regional Office for Europe. The event aims to provide theoretical and practical insights into Slovenia's cervical, breast, and colorectal cancer screening programs. Participants will have a chance to learn about the program structures and governance and visit the local sites where the day-to-day operations occur. The event hopes to promote knowledge exchange and facilitate discussions among the relevant stakeholders from Eastern European countries and allied professionals from the West.
Important information for participants
TRANSFER to Ljubljana
For those who will be attending the EU-TOPIA-EAST workshop in Bled, there is an organized FREE transfer to Ljubljana. The bus will depart promptly at 16.00 (4pm) in front of the Rikli Hotel, Bled.
If you wish to use the bus transfer but have not yet told us, please do so at your earliest convenience: email@example.com
A detailed programme and further information is available here.
The event will take place over 3 working days:
Wednesday 22. 11. 2023:
Presentation of the three organised Slovenian population-based cancer screening programmes by programme coordinators and other key stakeholders.
The presentations will be held in the lecture hall in Building C of the Institute of Oncology Ljubljana.
Thursday & Friday 23. And 24. 11. 2023:
Site visits to all three programmes will be organised: ZORA (cervical), DORA (breast) and Svit (Colorectal). During the site visits programmes will be presented in a practical way and participants' questions discussed in smaller groups. You have already received the time slots by e-mail.
For any further practical or logistical information please communicate directly to the respective programme coordinators:
Breast Cancer Screening Programme DORA, Institute of Oncology Ljubljana
• Address DORA: Zaloška cesta 2, 1000 Ljubljana
Colorectal Cancer Screening Programme Svit, National Institute of Public Health
• Address Svit: Tehnološki park 24, 1000 Ljubljana
Cervical Cancer Screening Programme ZORA, Institute of Oncology Ljubljana
• Address ZORA: Proletarska ulica 1, 1000 Ljubljana
Event evaluation and feedback.
After the event, we will post a link where you can provide feedback.
For any further questions, you can reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2nd Open Days of Slovenian Cancer Screening Programmes 2023 will be organised on 22.– 24. 11. 2023 in Ljubljana, Slovenia by the Institute of Oncology Ljubljana, National Institute of Public Health, EU-TOPIA-EAST project and WHO Regional Office for Europe due to an expressed interest of different countries from Eastern European region (other countries are of course also welcomed) to get deeper insight in organisation and other aspects of the three Slovenian cancer screening programmes for cervical, breast and colorectal cancer screening.
2nd Open Days of Slovenian Cancer Screening Programmes will start the next day after the EU-TOPIA-EAST workshop, that will take place from 20.–21. 11. 2023 at Bled, Slovenia and will be organised by the EU-TOPIA-EAST consortium, led by the ERASMUS MC, Netherlands. You can book a room in Hotel Rikli. A special price has been arranged for people attending the workshop. Please book your hotel room before October 1 at: Hotel Rikli_special booking for participants.
Registration link for the workshop and Open Days: registration (you can register for the Open days without attending the EU-TOPIA workshop).
Costs for the Open Days:
- There is no participation fee.
- A free bus transfer for participants of the workshop, who will prolong their stay and attend the Open Days, will be organised from Bled to Ljubljana on 21. 11. afternoon, after the end of the workshop.
- Participants, who will be reimbursed for the EU-TOPIA-EAST workshop will only need to pay for additional accommodation in Ljubljana during the Open Days, travel expenses will already be reimbursed by the EU-TOPIA project.
- You can book a room in City Hotel Ljubljana. A special price has been arranged for people attending the Open Days. Please book your hotel room before October 9 at: https://www.cityhotel.si/events/eid/548/
Preliminary programme of the Open Days:
Wednesday, 22. 11. 2023: presentation of the three Slovenian organised, population based cancer screening programmes by programme coordinators and other key stakeholders. Location: Institute of Oncology Ljubljana
- Introduction to governance and organisation of cancer screening in Slovenia, including approach to the new screening locations.
- WHO Regional Office for Europe Workshop on Cancer early detection.
- Cervical Cancer Screening programme ZORA: Organisational and Governance Structure of the Programme; Switch from Opportunistic to Organised Screening in 2003; Screening Registry ZORA (old and new); Monitoring and Evaluation of the ZORA Programme with Key Indicators, Reports and Results; Efforts in the ZORA Programme to Increase the Participation of Women and Reduce the Inequalities; Discussion.
- Breast Cancer Screening Programme DORA: Implementing DORA in Slovenia: Organization, Stakeholders, and Key Profiles; DORA Registry; European Quality Assurance Guidelines in Breast Cancer Screening: Radiology and Women’s care; Quality Assurance in Programme DORA: Staff and Technical Equipment; Quality Assurance in Programme DORA: Programme Performance Indicators; Discussion.
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Programme Svit: Organisation, Governance and Results; Communication Strategy and Communication in Programme Svit; The Role of the Call Centre – Effective Support for Individuals; The Role of the Programme Svit Ambassador; Discussion.
Thursday (23. 11.) and Friday (24. 11.):
- Site visits to all three programmes: programmes will be presented in a more practical way and participants questions discussed in smaller groups.
- A schedule of site visits will be sent to all who will register to the Open Days prior the arrival, participants will have the opportunity to schedule multiple visits to different cancer sites.
Contact for further information regarding the Open Days:
- Do not hesitate to send us in advance the questions and suggestions for the topics you would like to discuss on Wednesday or during the site visits.
The 1st Open Days were held in May 2022, we departed with a promise they will not be the last. You can get some insight into the programme and evaluation by the participants here.
We are looking forward to meet you on the 2nd Open Days this November, to exchange practical information regarding the implementation, governance, data and screening registries, quality assurance and monitoring, communication and much more!
Participants of the 1st Open days of Slovenian Cancer Screening Programmes, Maj 2022