Monitoring and evaluation
- We register almost 10,000 invasive procedures on cervix per year.
- 66% of invasive procedures are diagnostic (44% are biopsies and excisions and 22% abrasions).
- 21% are therapeutic procedures, predominantly LLETZ (16%), while proportion of cold knife conisations is decreasing in recent years (from 8% in 2014 to 3% in 2021).
- 13% are hysterectomies.
- Among diagnostic procedures, 21% are diagnosed with HSIL+, while this is the case with 70% of therapeutic procedures.
- Around 90% of women with HSIL+ biopsy have another invasive procedure (mainly therapeutic) preformed in one year period. HSIL+ is detected in almost 90% of follow-up therapeutic procedures.
Table: Invasive procedures by procedure type
Table: Diagnosis of invasive procedures by procedure group in year 2021
Jerman T, Ivanuš U, Florjančič M. ZORA Programme Monitoring and Evaluation. ZORA: Slovenian National Cervical Cancer Screening Programme and Registry. 2023. https://zora.onko-i.si/en/monitoring-and-evaluation/.